Round 5 Motocross proudly sponsored by Janette Prior, Mental Health Consultant and Orange Motorcycle Service Centre.
Ridernet entries are now open and will close Friday 23 August at 11.00pm. Entries will be taken on the day, but everyone is encouraged to signup using Ridernet before the event to help speed up the process.
• 7.00am to 8.30am Sign on and scrutineering. There will be NO entries taken after 8.30am so don’t be late.
• 9.00am Riders briefing
• 9.30am Practice
• Racing will begin after practice
• Open from 8.00am
• Breakfast & lunch available
• Steak sandwiches, egg & bacon rolls, beef and gravy rolls, pies, sausage rolls.
Thank you to everyone who came out to Echo today to support our Come Try Enduro day. It was particularly fantastic to see so many juniors having a go. We hope you all had a great day! Thanks also to our track markers, Officials, Sweep riders, Medic and canteen. Without you, it wouldn’t be possible.
Sunday 18th August is the Come Try Recreational Ride day Echo, Lower Lewis Ponds (end of Post Office Lane, see link on this website for map).
This is an opportunity for riders from age 4 to unlimited aged seniors to cut some laps on a competition level track. Supported by Motorcycling NSW, no race licence is required to attend and ride at this event.
We will have 2 tracks operational on the day.
The day starts at 7.30 with sign on and scrutineering of bikes, closing at 9.00. Then we will brief the riders on rules and how the day will run. First session will commence at around 9/9.30am, with the day concluding around 3pm.
Licenced riders are also welcome to attend on the day.
There is a minimal entry fee for riders to participate.
BRING CASH (there are no EFTPOS facilities).
Other things you need to know:
*Bring suitable riding gear – a helmet in good condition, goggles, gloves, boots etc.
*Scruntineering involves checking your bike to make sure that it is safe for yourself and other riders sharing the track – for example make sure there is no movement in your wheel bearings, levers must not be broken, have bar ends fitted and make sure throttles are self closing (a problem we see often on junior bikes).
*It’s a good idea to bring some spare tubes.
There will be a basic canteen running from mid morning until lunch – hot dogs, sausage sizzle, drinks, chips and lollies.
Oh, did I mention BRING CASH? 🙂
Further questions can be directed to Greg at Morris Motorcyles on 63621955
What a great day for racing yesterday at our Hartins Earthmoving Round 4 MX! We hope everyone enjoyed the day. Thanks again to everyone who helped make it happen, it was especially great to see lots of spectators and some new faces helping out. We hope to see everyone back again on August 25 for Round 5. Thanks to Josie Kearney for her awesome photography work.
In the interests of retaining our existing riders and attracting new people to the sport of Enduro we need your input, feedback and ideas:
• Input – there is an Enduro Come Try Day scheduled for Sunday 18 August 2019. We are concerned that we might not get the interest we were hoping for and were thinking of postponing it until early April 2020 as a feeder to next season. What do you think? Could you please let us know if you think this is a good idea or if you are super keen for the August date and you and 20 of your closest mates are all deadset certain to attend
• Feedback – please let us know what you think we are currently doing well and shouldn’t change and what you think we could improve
• Ideas – please let us know any ideas that you have that will help us retain and attract riders
Comment on this post on our Facebook page, use the Club’s Messenger or call Greg at Morris Motorcycles on (02) 6362 1955
Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday for our Midwest Signs Round 3 MX. We wouldn’t dare have wished the overnight rain away even though it made for a pretty soggy track for the first few rounds. Once again we want to thank Hartin Earthworks and our tireless volunteers for all the extra work that went into the track including some added safety features. Those refurbished tyre walls were very impressive!